My account permanently limited

Juliebrendabnb
Contributor
Contributor

I recently opened paypal account,few months old now My account was permanently limited today How can I solve that The system is automated And I cannot make any phone calls

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Juliebrendabnb 

Normally permanent means permanent but if you think you can appeal or can get it resolved then.........

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky.
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Juliebrendabnb 

Normally permanent means permanent but if you think you can appeal or can get it resolved then.........

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky.
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LoloStressed
New Community Member

PayPal is a waste of time and resources. Blocking someone from receiving their funds because they've never received that amount is backward and completely impractical. Even after complying with your requirements and waiting for over 21 days for you to stop limiting my account(which is indefinitely btw)you extend your trust issues by permanently limiting me for ANOTHER 180 DAYS. YOU PEOPLE ARE SO FRUSTRATING. Either find a solution for easier verification or refund the money to the sender and let them send it by other means. People depend on the money you keep on hold for 180 DAYS.A PERMANENT LIMITATION IS A CANCELLATION.THEREFORE HOLDING ONE'S FUNDS IS UNNECESSARY.  

Login to Me Too

eabailey
Contributor
Contributor
I know they release money when threatened with legal action. Contact fairshake.com . They will send a legal demand for funds. I filled for $5000 in damages due to the damage to my credit score from them holding g my only income and the sheer time it took to get any money off of the account. I also brought up the unfair monopoly PayPal has on internet commerce via its affiliation with EBay. It’s illegal to take money out of circulation. The 21 I waited on each transaction is illegal. They are just holding our money and earning interest off of it. Everyone should join together in a class action. No jury would find their practices at all fair and keeping with the free market ideals this country is known for. Someone has to do it. I verified with these idiots numerous times. Telling them the future transactions in addition to verification. It never failed, turned down. And why is it so hard to send money to myself when PayPal is such a worthless instrument?
Login to Me Too

jycmrk1968
Contributor
Contributor
Same to me and give me 108days to withdraw my money
Login to Me Too

Bunthandina
Contributor
Contributor
My account permanently limited
Login to Me Too

aero5
Contributor
Contributor
have you found a way how to solve it?
Login to Me Too

eabailey
Contributor
Contributor
Threaten legal action. Only thing I’ve seen that works. I’m using fairshake.com to file a legal demand of funds and compensation. My balance +$5000 compensation due to credit being adversely effected due to my on Lou income being held and the time it took to transfer money. They earn interest during the 21 day holds and do you think they aren’t earning interest off of our held funds as we speak. Think of all of the banned accounts sitting in a bank earning interest at any given time. Might encourage you to ban more accounts, huh. They have cancelled our agreement and have no business keeping our money. The law demands them give us immediate access to our funds. The chargeback excuse is laughable. 6 months + the original time before ban is a better guarantee than any retailer Would fathom give. My paintings were received and the buyers confirmed they were happy with order. One had to call multiple times before they released funds.... on day 20! She had painting by the second day! All my transactions were verified and approved by phone. Sometimes more than once a day. The idiots didn’t even have my number, so I couldn’t verify when I signed into other devices(including a real bank that needed proof of income. They said that’s why PayPal isnt a bank. They’d be exposed to a myriad of other federal laws and mandates. Like asking to use our money for investments and deciding what retailers and people to do business with and who to not.
Login to Me Too

Sallyomk
Contributor
Contributor

It's very sad how they just one day wake up and permanently limit one's account. This could be all the money you have after a legit business online. I guess I'll never trust paypal again even though I had rated them very highly before this happened to me. Even after submitting all documentation they asked for it wasn't enough to unlimit my account

Login to Me Too

vametalplayer
New Community Member
my paypal account is limited how can i withdraw my money in my limited paypal account i cant add and confirm my cards to with the money stock in my paypal account its been more than 180 days already please help me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.