My account is limited but i have money in it and i need to take it.

Wahaj4you
Contributor
Contributor
My account is temporarily limited and i had funds that i needed. What do i do The issue is i made a Paypal account because i needed money from someone but as i am from Pakistan so it wasn't verified account, now my amount is stuck and i can't even withdraw it. Kindly help me know what to do. They are asking me to provide my ID but i don't know if you will accept ID from Pakistan or not. I seriously request you i need money from my account so kindly help as soon as possible.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wahaj4you 

The problem is, PayPal does not offer services in Pakistan so you shouldn’t have used PayPal at all. You opened a Philippines PayPal account so you either would not pass identity verification and if you did, you would need to link a US bank or debit/credit/prepaid card to withdrawal. Or you just refund the money if you can and find another way to accept payment. So happens to the money now depends if PayPal will remove limitation or not.

If PayPal is asking for ID, provide your ID.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wahaj4you 

The problem is, PayPal does not offer services in Pakistan so you shouldn’t have used PayPal at all. You opened a Philippines PayPal account so you either would not pass identity verification and if you did, you would need to link a US bank or debit/credit/prepaid card to withdrawal. Or you just refund the money if you can and find another way to accept payment. So happens to the money now depends if PayPal will remove limitation or not.

If PayPal is asking for ID, provide your ID.

Login to Me Too

Wahaj4you
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

I understand but the issue i am facing is, is it possible if i change my name and all that i mean update them to a person or friend that lives in Philippines, so he can verify the paypal with ID. or if not, is there anyone wo can help, PayPal support told me that they need Philippine ID to make my account okay. My account is just temporarily limited. Will they automatically remove limitation in the future or do I have to pass this ID system to remove limitation. Also i tried to close my account but they said, they can't close my account either. Now like i am stuck. I hope a possible solution i can get. I am really worried.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wahaj4you 

It is simply not possible to change name on your account to another person. PayPal will not let you. The payment has to be refunded or sender dispute it so the Sender gets the money back and then sent to your friend’s account. 

Send your ID anyway so PayPal does what has it has to do with the account which is permanently limit the account because you are based/live in Pakistan and is not supposed to use PayPal under a different country and you have to wait 180 days to withdrawal or try to get the money refunded or ask the sender to dispute it or file a chargeback with their bank to get the money back, then send to your friend’s PayPal account or use another way to accept payment.

Login to Me Too

Wahaj4you
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker  Is it possible even if my account is limited, the person who sent me the amount via shipping and goods services can refund them back? If so, I will ask that person to refund the money, can you guide me through the process of how it is done. Also after clearing all funds, will my account can be closed at all. I am not sure at all as I will after that make a new verified account in some other country but for now, I need that amount so that's can I do that?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wahaj4you 

Is there a 21 day hold on the funds besides the temporary limitation right now? Funds held for 21 days are not available for use until released. In a dispute, they take the money from your available PayPal balance, if you have no available balance your account it will go into the negative. And the PayPal fee is not refunded either so you have to pay that or just refund the amount you received, not the entire amount. Maybe you should get your account permanently limited first by sending in your ID and then ask the sender to open a dispute. Permanently limited accounts cannot be closed.

Do not make a PayPal account under a different country. The same thing will happen. You cannot use PayPal at all! 
Don’t you see all this trouble to use PayPal if you open PayPal account in different countries you do not live in? PayPal accounts are country specific. If you open a UK account for example, you need UK ID, UK bank account, etc. PayPal will check identification no matter what country you sign up in.

Login to Me Too

Wahaj4you
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

Well, I can just receive money at the moment, everything else is unusable for now. I will contact the person for this if he helps. by the way, maybe there is another possibility. My Paypal account is not personal, rather it's Business, and is of Philippines. Also, the nationality I gave when I made that account was of Pakistan and also my date of birth, and my ID number of Pakistan. Since my business address is in Philipines, I don't know if it's good. but I saw a youtube video where he said that if you have a business account with the nationality of Pakistan if the limitation of account happens, you can use Pakistani ID to verify yourself, so can I do that? He did that in video and his account was restored, will my case be the same? Thank you for your answers and suggestions, they are helping me. Have a nice time. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wahaj4you 

All you can do is submit all the info PayPal ask for and see what they say. PayPal are allowed to go against their own policies if they want. I am just saying what their policies are so you are not disappointed if the outcome does not go your way.

The buyer can open an item not received dispute. If you are allowed to issue a refund within the dispute then refund the amount you received to close the dispute otherwise you or the buyer escalate to a claim for PayPal to get involved. 

You have to see what happens to decide what to do, between waitIng for PayPal’s decision on the account limitation and getting the money out and back to the buyer in case PayPal does not restore your account. Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Wahaj4you
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

The amount is in the available balance and I haven't sent any ID till now to their team. The account is temporarily limited for now. Just to say, there is no hold for now. if I contact the person who sent me money and I have claimed it if I tell him to refund the amount, can he. so he can refund the amount to his PayPal and I can be left with 0 balance so I can close the account. is that possible, although he has confirmed the payment and it's available in my PayPal balance but if he asks for a refund, maybe he can get the money he sent to me? is that possible?

okay, I won't make another account too.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wahaj4you 

Ok, that’s good at least the funds are available. What are the things you can’t do with the account, right now? The temporary limitation page states which things you can or cannot do while the account is temporarily limited.  Does it allow you to issue a refund?

If so, issue a refund from within the transaction details for the amount you received without the PayPal fee since PayPal doesn’t refund their original fee and you can’t add money to cover the fee.

For example, let’s say you received $200, the PayPal fee is $4, you received $196. Refund just $196, the amount you received. Not $200. If you refund $200, it will make your PayPal balance -$4. You do not want that to happen. You want zero balance. So just refund the amount you have in your balance if you can.

If you cannot issue a refund, ask the buyer to open an item not received dispute and you issue a refund within the dispute of the amount you have in your available balance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.