My account is limited and has not been reviewed for months. Was told it would only take days.

jmyer
New Community Member

Several years ago my account became limited before ever using it and I provided all of the information that was asked of me to remove this limitation.  Every box had a green check but the message at the top still said "Your account access is temporarily limited".  I thought "Whatever, I've never used PayPal anyways". 

Fast forward to about 3 months ago... I decide I want to start doing freelance work and need to have a PayPal account in order to be paid.  I try to close my account and restart everything but it wont let me close an account with unresolved issues. I message the help center and I am told that the picture of my ssn was unclear and needs to be provided again.  I promptly provide this and I am told it will be around 3-5 business days until I hear that my account is unlimited.  I wait but hear nothing so two weeks later I message again asking if it is being reviewed and I am told that she was moving the limitation to review (shouldn't it have already been there?) and to wait 3-5 business days. 

It's now a month and a half after that last conversation and I have heard nothing regarding my account's review and my account is still limited. 

Am I missing something? Is this normal? Will I ever gain full access to my account or even be able to close it and start over?

At this point I am not confident that my account is actually being reviewed or that any effort will be made to fix my issue.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jmyer 

Contact customer service again, can't do anything with this account being limited. Probably can't even open a new one since it will be cross-referenced and then limited again.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.