My account is banned because I no longer reside in the United States

Tioem
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I started a Paypal business account many years ago, when I lived in the United States. I currently live in the Philippines (I’m still a US citizen) My sole proprietor business has been on and off for many years now, meaning to say I barely use my Paypal account for business transactions often. Instead I use the account to buy stuff mostly on ebay or move money from personal bank to personal bank. I make an occasional transaction with Paypal Here from time to time with customers in the United States. The problem I have now is, Paypal flagged my account for review for potential risk. A Paypal reviewer banned me from using my account, meaning I can no longer add or withdraw funds from the account permanently and indefinitely because I dont have a utility bill under my name, or a United States government issued ID (they’re all expired at the moment), or a physical USA home address. My concern is... Is it right for Paypal to permanently restrict my USA Paypal account from sending and receiving money or to prevent me from using my USA Paypal account shop online?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tioem 

PayPal accounts are country specific, so yes, if the system cannot identify you and you can't provide info to show you are who you say you are. If you wanted to use US PayPal account, you needed to maintain current US account based info (Photo ID, bank/cc statement, billing address). And/or, open a PayPal Philippines account for use in PH since you're based there now. You could have linked a US bank account to a PayPal PH account, a privilege for US citizens abroad.

Since you're banned, I do not know if you can open a PH PayPal account either.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Tioem
Contributor
Contributor
The Reviewer told me my USA Paypal account will be restricted permanently or indefinitely... But if I can supply identification (USA Photo ID, bank/cc statement, USA billing address) then there must be the possibility to have the USA Paypal account Restrictions lifted. The reviewer was animate that the restriction remain permanent even if I did provide them at a later date
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.