My account is absolutely blocked, all my money is held by PayPal and can’t understand why

natia_natsi
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I use PayPal for already years. I get and send the payments, everything was ok but immediately I got a block from PayPal, it said that I am against the rules and I can’t use PayPal any more. My balance (876€) is held by PayPal and I can’t use it, it sais that I will be able to get my money back in 180 days! The reason is the agreement : 10.2, 10.3 None of my customers have complained or claimed, none on PayPal, neither in private dialogs. I am calling to PayPal and it’s always busy. That’s why I opened the second PayPal, was using it for 3-4 days and got the same block there too!!! I am a blogger, selling the online consulations and etc... I got the payment on January 21 for the consultation that will be online on January 25 and I got block on January 22.... so I couldn’t have any claim.. the money is also held on my second PayPal (350€), the both balance on the both PayPal accounts is my own money and I can’t use them, this is my last money and I am very confused. Have no claim and I am absolutely blocked... and I cannot continue my work. please help me, it’s very important for me. if you know what can I do in this situation. Thanks a lot 🙏
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@natia_natsi 

If you have a paypal permanent limitation then its not just your paypal account that is banned it is you yourself.

So you are not supposed to use paypal at all let alone open another account, any other accounts you open will be limited as well as soon as paypal see them.

A ban can be for many reasons eg high risk / selling against paypals acceptable usage policy / breaking their user agreement in some way, but they don't give you the exact reason.

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.