My account has been limited (intellectual properties)

hoangthidien
New Community Member

I receipted this email from Paypal : 

"We received a court order on September 12, 2019, affecting your access to
your PayPal account due to possible infringement of intellectual properties
of Bunch O Balloons. Until further notice, your ability to send payments,
receive payments, withdraw funds, or access the funds in your PayPal
account has been limited.

A judgment order may follow and require us to take further actions on the
funds in your PayPal account. If you have any questions about this
infringement action, it is important that you contact the plaintiff's
representative outlined below to respond to this issue:

Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig
<Removed>

Court Order Details
Court: U.S. District Court for the NORTHERN DISTRICT District of ILLINOIS
Plaintiff: Bunch O Balloons
Court Case Number: Creative Impact Inc et al v The 475 Individuals et al;
Case No. 119CV05907"

I tried to contact <removed> multi times. But he didn't answer me. 

I contact Paypal Customer Service. They ask me contact <Removed>

I dont't know, Who is Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig ?

Why I have to contact Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hoangthidien 

Stop selling things related to "Bunch of Balloons" if you're not an authorized dealer.

"Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig" is the law firm related to the case/court order.

I guess Creative Impact, a events and advertising company was sued by B.O.B. or both companies sued others over intellectual properties/violating trademarks.

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/illinois/ilndce/1:2018cv07531/358478

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hoangthidien 

Stop selling things related to "Bunch of Balloons" if you're not an authorized dealer.

"Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig" is the law firm related to the case/court order.

I guess Creative Impact, a events and advertising company was sued by B.O.B. or both companies sued others over intellectual properties/violating trademarks.

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/illinois/ilndce/1:2018cv07531/358478

Login to Me Too

hoangthidien
New Community Member

Hi @sharpiemarker 

Is there any way to quickly resolve this case?

I have contacted Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig many times but he did not answer me.

I have contacted Paypal. They ask me contact Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig.

I don't know what I have to do ?

Thank you

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hoangthidien 

You're in Vietnam, you have to try to contact the law firm during business hours in Chicago - US Central Time.

Login to Me Too

FASTERCOLORS
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Please tell me what was the outcome of this problem. I have just received a similar email and my PayPal account has also been limited. Please let me know how you resolved the problem. Thanks.

Regards,

Login to Me Too

prismatik
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Can anybody solve it an how? same here

Login to Me Too

FASTERCOLORS
Contributor
Contributor

I would also like an update if anyone has solved this issue. My account has been limited for more than 4 months. I have contacted the lawyer in charge of the lawsuit and at first they told me they were waiting for sales information from Alibaba (which I have never listed a product for sale on Alibaba before) and they told me I could resolve in advance for $1000USD which I am unable and unwilling to pay this amount. Finally, they responded after a few months stating that Alibaba did not provide them with sales information and they will listen to any resolution offers. I responded and again no response from the lawyer. I am in no financial position to pay any sort of settlement fee for a product I did not sell and listed for $5USD and accidentally included part of their trademarked name as part of my descriptive title. My PayPal account only has $100 in it but I still need access to it and for the last 4 months I have been paying for my eBay monthly subscription fees with my credit card while my eBay store has been on vacation the whole time because I am not going to sell if I am not sure if I can never withdraw the money from my account or if eventually the amount in my PayPal is deducted due to a court order. If someone has dealt with this similar situation and there has been a final outcome to the case please reply. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

soni8
Contributor
Contributor

Have you found any solution yet as I also got an email for trademark infringement and they are asking for unreasonable amount of 2000$ for a product which was never sold but listed in the past but not at the time of filling. They intentionally registered the Chinese logo for a product which was already selling in the market for a long time, so that they can sue others and make money out of it. 

Login to Me Too

FASTERCOLORS
Contributor
Contributor

I recommend contacting the lawyer in charge of the infringement case and working out a settlement. I think that is basically the only way to settle and have the restrictions removed from your account. You can try explaining your situation and see if you are able to come to an agreement that you can accept. PayPal will do nothing to help and the restrictions can only be removed by the lawyer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.