My account has been limited for no reason and I cannot dispute it.

nstmansfield
Contributor
Contributor

This is a personal account and has been limited on the 22nd of February and no reason has been given at all. Paypal has claimed it has limited my account "in order to protect us from potential financial losses". It seems they may think there is fraud attached to the account but they haven't even given me detail. After a phone call and a few emails nothing has been resolved and they continue to hold my money in my limited account. I mainly use the account for online shopping on apps such as eBay and Depop, so even losing the account would be very detrimental as the only way you can receive money by selling things on these services are through Paypal.

When I refer to guides on how to remove/dispute the limitations on my account, they often give these steps:

"What to do

1. Go to Resolution Centre.
  2. Click Go to Account Limitations.
  3. Next to each step required to remove the limitation, click Resolve and follow the steps to provide that information."

But when I click on the Resolution Centre and go to Account Limitations there is not even the option to Resolve and there is just a screen saying:Paypal.JPGThe fact I have not even been given an option to dispute this ban or even a reason for the ban is beyond difficult and appalling on behalf of Paypal especially since there is money in the account and I use their service very often and have not once broken the User Agreement. If I could get some help ASAP that would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Wondar24
Contributor
Contributor

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

File your complaint and get your money.

They got to be stopped.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.