My account has been limited for an unknown reason

Linda_Macintosh
Contributor
Contributor

After a few months of trying to get my account verified, i've managed to get it verified today and tried to link it to my ps4, however it said that it was limited under the code PP-009-700-701-839. I don't know what this means or where to find the meaning. I have about $70 in there that i would like to retrieve. If it helps, my debit card was recently blocked because of somebody gaining access to it and that is connected to my PayPal so does that have something to do with it? I appreciate the help. Thanks

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

TonyTam
Contributor
Contributor

The worst case scenario you will be able to withdraw your funds to bank account after 180 days anyway, if your account gets limited (blocked, frozen).

But it seems more common problem. Try to reach out bank to block/reissue your bank card.

Somethings really bad happening.

Login to Me Too

Linda_Macintosh
Contributor
Contributor
so it’s probably the bank card and not paypal? is that what your saying?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Linda_Macintosh 

Do you mean your paypal account is limited?

If so then paypal normally direct you to the resolution centre to resolve any issues OR did they say the limitation was permanent?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Linda_Macintosh
Contributor
Contributor
yes is it limited i cannot make transactions with it
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Celeste

Hi there @Linda_Macintosh,

Generally, a limitation may prevent certain actions from taking place, including removing information or making transactions. With that being said, you should have more details about steps to remove the limitation in your Resolution Centre. I hope this helps!

Take care,

- Celeste

Login to Me Too

Linda_Macintosh
Contributor
Contributor

It says i can't use it anymore. The reference id is PP-009-700-701-839

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Linda_Macintosh 

Then sadly thats a permanent ban.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Linda_Macintosh
Contributor
Contributor

WTF. I have $70 in my account?! that's not fair! it's all because my debit card was suspended! This is **bleep**!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.