My account has been limited, but I can't verify or change it.

TeddyThatDraws
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I opened an account for my daughter and she's received money for drawing commissions over some time, but PayPal started sending notices regarding verification of her account. I'm trying to change this back to my details now as I've been managing it for her and teaching her about managing money in the process, but the account isn't allowing me to change it back to my details even though I've provided all the documentation. I'm also not getting hold of anyone at PayPal to resolve this. It's all just automated messages and processes that go in circles. How can I resolve this? It feels like I'm trying to communicate with vapour.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TeddyThatDraws 

You can't change the name on a personal account from one person to another.

The person named on the account owns the account as long as they are over 18 and reside in the same country as the paypal account.

If not it would be permanently limited. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TeddyThatDraws
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response @kernowlass.

So what's the solution? She's got money sitting in the account for which she worked really hard and she can't access it. She turns 18 in 4 months. Do we just wait until then or will they close the account and claim the money?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.