My account has been limited and funds frozen for over 180 days

Icelandehf
Contributor
Contributor

My account has now been limited for the apparent reason that I named my account with a user name and not my real name, for well over 180 days which has caused me big problems.

I have not been emailed the promised instructions on how to access my funds as mentioned in their email (see email below).

The account was used to receive payments for a cottage that I was renting through Airbnb.

This has honestly been one of the most frustrating and disappointing customer experiences of my life.

There’s no help to be had anywhere, not via email, Twitter or by phone.

Since receiving an email, where I was told that my account was to be frozen for 180 days, between 190-200 days have passed and still no email from PayPal.

I’m beginning to worry that I will never access this money and I badly need it.

I’m a paraplegic so earning money for me is harder then for the average person.

Here’s the original email from PayPal where they are announcing the limitations imposed on my account and an email that I tried sending them today, but bounced back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

“Dear PayPal team.

My funds on my PayPal account have now been witheld by you for security reasons for over 180 days.
In your email where this decision is announced, it is stated that the money will be held for 180 days. After that I will receive an email with instructions on how to receive my money.

The 180 days have passed and I have not received said email.

I would very much like to receive the promised instructions on how to get my money, as soon as possible.

I await your email.

Best regards,

Sent from my iPad

On 23 May 2018, at 04:11, wrote:

Hello 

For the safety and security of the PayPal network, we often review accounts for potential risks. If you are not able to upgrade your account to business type, we advise you to close this account and open a new one for your business.

After reviewing your account, we have decided to close it because of security issues.

We are making every effort to minimize any disruption to your business.

If your PayPal account balance is zero, and you have no unresolved buyer complaints or chargebacks, your account will remain limited.

-----------------------------------
Disbursement options
-----------------------------------

Option 1. If you owe refunds to any of your buyers, you can use the money in your PayPal account to refund them.

To refund your buyers:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click "Contact Us" at the bottom of any page.
3. Click "Contact Customer Service."
4. Under "Choose a Topic," select "Sending/Receiving Money."
5. Under "Choose a Subtopic," select "Refund/Cancel a Payment."
6. Click "Continue" and follow the instructions to refund payments.

Option 2. Money in your PayPal account will be held for 180 days. After 180 days, we'll email you information on how to receive your funds.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks,

Intan
PayPal

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.