My account has become permanently limited how do i get my money???

Duncan33
Contributor
Contributor

My account recently became temporarily limited. I submitted all of the information that PayPal asked for and waited. After 3 days I messaged PayPal, and asked them why my account still had not yet been reviewed. They simply responded by saying that it could actually take up to 5 business days. That just made me even more frustrated, considering the fact that I did nothing wrong in the first place. I just sold on eBay. Plus all of the products that I have sold have already been delivered yet I am still moneyless. Well, I just now got notified that my account has become permanently limited!!! I have no clue why but now I have over $900 that is available in my balance that I can't transfer for evidently 180 days! How can I get my money sooner? How can this even be legal for them to hold MY money for 6 months?? I can't call, because of this stupid COVID-19 pandemic, so I'm at the mercy of their helpless message center. I really need that money ASAP. Is there anything I can do?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Duncan33 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you were over 18 then and the account is in your legal name. Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Muhammadhamza
Contributor
Contributor

i provide all accurate information to pay pal ,they permanently limited my account i have 986 euro i my available balance

i am in worry ,pay pal not attend calls ,not review my account 

please help help help

i just sold products on eBay 

my reference id Reference ID: PP-L-250309947342

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.