My account became limited

Bellawhite2124
Contributor
Contributor

My account became limited and they haven't told me why, I tried looking online for solutions and reasons to no avail. So I am going to create a new account, however they are holding my money in this account still and I want to transfer it or withdraw it but they won't let me. Help please?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bellawhite2124 

They sadly don't give reasons but as long as you are over 18 and didn't use a fake name on the account then you should get an email saying that you can withdraw the funds 180 days post limitation.

However if you have a permanent limitation then you are not allowed to open another paypal account and if you do paypal will soon limit that one as well.

There are only some circumstances when you can open another account ie if you open one underage and then become of age etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bellawhite2124 

Did they say its a permanent limitation but that you can withdraw the funds after 180 days?

Or is it a temporary limitation with options to resolve it in the resolution centre?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Bellawhite2124
Contributor
Contributor
They said it's permanent. I didn't even know what I did and they won't tell me
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bellawhite2124 

They sadly don't give reasons but as long as you are over 18 and didn't use a fake name on the account then you should get an email saying that you can withdraw the funds 180 days post limitation.

However if you have a permanent limitation then you are not allowed to open another paypal account and if you do paypal will soon limit that one as well.

There are only some circumstances when you can open another account ie if you open one underage and then become of age etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.