My Paypal Account Got Permanently Banned and I DON'T KNOW WHY!

aliciabatucan
New Community Member

I am so frustrated right now as I am reading an email from Paypal stating that my account got PERMANENTLY banned.

First of all, I have been using my Paypal account for a very long time and it has maintained its very good standing.

I haven't done any malicious activities nor using my account for illegal intentions.

THIS IS SO UNFAIR!  How do I resolve this please?? I need help. I really want my account back. Why is Paypal doing this???

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aliciabatucan 

Sorry but they don't give you reasons they just tell you to review the user agreement or acceptable use policy.

Paypal don't ban accounts for no reason, what would be the point? They want you to open a use accounts as that is how they make money.

They ban you for a myriad of reasons including but NOT limited to....

underage.

selling items using the friends/family option.

using a fake name or unable to prove i.d.

selling restricted items.

too many disputes.

using another countries paypal account.

and many many others.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bkkersey93

Wrong, yes they DO ban for no reason. Otherwise they would tell you what you did.

Login to Me Too

TJRMH
Contributor
Contributor
Thy make money by stealing our money in our accounts for 180 days where they can use that money for anything and thats how they make money .... ddduuuhhhh it's called a scam and it's illegal. Fine don't offer your services anymore who cares , but don't steal from the disabled and services animal serving the disabled to make our lives even harder. Ive started filing paperwork againPayPal for theft of funds, discrimination, embezzlement, pain and suffering and some more stuff. They will not get away with this in the United States of America.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aliciabatucan 

Does your financial info match name on PayPal account? Just saw a case where a person was using the credit card under their name for ages and ages then come to find out that the name on the credit card statement does not match because they were a secondary card holder, not a joint holder. Things like that. Or something in the way you are using your account that may seem innocent or no big deal to you, but not to PayPal. Or it could be some misunderstanding/false positive flag on your account by their security system.

You can message, live chat or use social media but realize that due to Covid-19, staff is reduced, phone lines limited or closed so response will take longer:

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (PH): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalPhilippines/

Facebook (Worldwide): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (Worldwide): @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Klfowler
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve been banned from using pay pal too. I have no idea why and they won’t explain
Login to Me Too

TJRMH
Contributor
Contributor
As well my account was never used for anything suspicious or illegal ever. As soon as I submitted the documentation requested to verify , the next thing was permanent closer of the account with no explanations. I believe this to be illegal and we should all join. In a group lawsuit against paypal. Its theft point blank period. Nobody has the right to steal your money.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TJRMH 

Paypal do not limit accounts for 0 reasons, what would be the point?

They encourage us to open and use paypal accounts as that is how they make their money !!!

Any funds in your balance (frozen usually only for 180 days) is probably far less than they could make if you kept using your account so limiting it would be counter productive.

Normally if you send i.d. docs and are banned its because you were underage when you opened the account / not living in a country where your paypal is registered / have been using another persons card or information on the account / or don't provide the correct documents.

You can of course take private legal action against paypal but you can't do a class action lawsuit anymore.

https://www.theverge.com/2012/10/17/3511792/paypal-class-action-suit-ban

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.