My PayPal got scammed , how did this happen?

ArtbyLeclerc
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys, I've been selling on eBay for 5 years, I sell hand painted art for not a lot lol,  so a few days ago some scumbag did a unauthorized purchase using my PP debit card! for $169.99, they did it online and merchant shows Google ,Google *Adoram,Mountain View,CA,US, its a google store purchase?  I was checking my PP account and ran across this charge, they did it the same day I was checking, there was a pending hold on it by PP, I called PP and they said they were canceling my debit card and sending a new one, and they said hang in there while we look into this transaction, next morning I got a PP email saying money was put back into my account and case closed.

Well that same day at night I got a email form PP saying my transaction of $169.99 was complete and money was taken back out of my account???

So had to wait till next day to call them, I asked what the heck is going on? they told me in order to file a dispute on a completed transaction, the transaction has to happen? Whatttttt? they apologized for sending the email stating money was returned to account.

So now waiting 48 hours for a decision from them, question?  if someone used my paypal debit card number at a Google store purchase online, don't they have to give the CVC three number code on back of card? how the heck did they get that?

A paypal supervisor told me your card probably got skimmed by a card reader somewhere, like a gas station, but I input my 4 digit code into gas pump, not CVC number.

I just don't know how they did it unless its a online purchase I did at a web site.

What are my chances of getting my money back?

Why did paypal pay them when I flagged it as unauthorized transaction????????????????????

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!  

John

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.