My PayPal account is used for an unauthorized transaction for Stockx and PayPal is not accepting it!

bletchleyucy
New Community Member

Hello folks,

I opened the Paypal account like a week ago and get a payment through it and I thought it was a safe environment so added my card and kept the money inside for maybe further uses.

Today I woke up and as checking my emails I saw that a transaction is made through my PayPal account for this Stockx website and the transaction worths 313,95 USD.

I am residing in Tallinn, Estonia, and have no idea about Stockx.com and don't have an account on that website as well. So it is quite weird that they can accept the transaction without any confirmation mail or SMS or so.

I received an email that this was not! unauthorized and PayPal will not refund my funds or cancel the transaction. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 16.29.02.png

Do you have any further action recommendations 😕

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bletchleyucy 

Please contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

bletchleyucy
New Community Member

Yeah, since it is weekend, the customer support is unfortunately also closed, it is like a nightmare 😕

Login to Me Too

Nxrd8
Contributor
Contributor

I too am fighting with Stockx currently. I submitted my case which was denied and then had a appeal going which was also denied. No one did the research it seems regarding stockx and their date breach that originally occurred in May of this year and consumers were not notified until August of this year. Basically there were 6.8 million consumers who had their data taken from Stockx and was sold on the "dark web" starting at about $2.15 a piece. I really hope other people who come to paypal with this issue are heard because stockx will not help and they only have one way of contact which is email and I have already sent 3 emails to them with no response and they deducted over $2000.00 out of my account and in my history there has never been a transaction amount like this and the shipping address was changed to a place in NY. if you were to look at my history all my purchases go to California. this is so frustrating. If you have a stockx account I recommend you delete it all and move on to GOAT. hopefully this info will help consumers before it is too late.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.