My PayPal account is bugged on limited state

Dimitris1989
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. PayPal limited my account a few days ago because I exceeded the payments quota and I had to submit a few documents to prove my identity. I provided everything they asked for and notified me they'll get back at me in a few days with every requirement met and marked with a green tick. The restoration happened on March 14th and I was notified via email. Two days later and after two orders I made, PayPal or possibly a bug has placed a limit on my account for a second time without even any mail notification like the first time. I refer to a bug because I get the same notification screen "we'll get back at you in a few business days" and all the required documents they asked me from before are all provided and marked as ✔. Below I submitted a screenshot of what I get as a notification even though my account was restored back to normal. What happened between those two days that made them place limits to my account again is beyond me. Is this possibly a bug that happened? Because several days have passed and they haven't got back at me with any news. I have asked on their Facebook page via Messenger and all I get is automated replies that notify me an agent will get back at me soon. I also sent mail from the Contact section here and I got an automated reply as to how I can resolute my case. This is one of the worst customer experiences I faced from a site I used to trust so much. 

Screenshot_2.png

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dimitris1989 

As of now, if you can use your account as normal, it's probably a glitch and those notifications will eventually stop.

Everything is run by software so unless you can't use your account at all, I'd ignore it since you have completed all the tasks of the notifications and you can use your account.

Or perhaps clear your browser cache and PayPal cookies, even update your browser and restart device.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Alex_C1
Contributor
Contributor

I've got the same glitch, and it's happened the exact same day!

This notification stuck forever and I cannot remove it either.

Looking forward to see how you reslove it.

Login to Me Too

Dimitris1989
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't tried to clear cookies and cache but I certainly can't use PayPal features. Take a look

Screenshot_3.png

Is there a possibility that PayPal features will be enabled after I clear cookies and stuff?

Login to Me Too

Dimitris1989
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE:

I logged in from another browser and I still get this notification. I also cleared the paypal cache and cookies from my browser and I still get the same results. I don't know what else to do. Do they have a phone I can use? This is totally unacceptable; having to pay for a toll call when they can solve it right here right now

Login to Me Too

Alex_C1
Contributor
Contributor

Where can you find "account impact" tab?
Is it in resolution center?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Dimitris1989 and @Alex_C1,

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering a technical issue. Please log in at https://www.paypal-support,com and open a ticket to our technicians.

I hope this is resolved quickly for you.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Dimitris1989
Contributor
Contributor

Update: 

I've opened a ticket to tech support but they haven't replied since Saturday. This is the worst service by far and it's gotta do with money which makes it even worse.

Login to Me Too

Dimitris1989
Contributor
Contributor

This is literally insane. I've submitted a ticket and that's what I'm getting as a reply. This is by far the worst service I've ever encountered on an online medium. They didn't even try to make further investigation; they just see "limited" on their logs and that's it. Now I have to actually PAY to make a toll call, pay to get PayPal to wake up and actually help me. OR I can actually sue them for keeping my money there even after I've provided all evidence of my identity. Any advice here?

Screenshot_13.png

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.