My Account was Hacked and Paypal Refuses to Refund Me

INeedHelp107
New Community Member

Because of COVID-19, Paypal Customer Service is practically nonexistant. Also, because of COVID-19, internet hackers are running rampant. Yesterday on 3/15, an online profile of mine was hacked and an individual spent $200 of my hard earned money on themselves. They made payment of $40 each 5 different times through my Paypal account. The online platform that I used refunded me only $80 dollars. I called PayPal yesterday and they said no one is working customer service so I have to dispute the case online, which I did. I didn't hear anything back so I disputed again today, 3/16. As soon as I send the dispute, Paypal responds to me saying "We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). This decision was made because this transaction was not unauthorized."

First of all, why would I spend the same $40 over and over again (5 times) in the same day at the same location? What sense does that make? If i'm disputing a charge, which I've never done, why are you telling me that i'm the idiot and my charge was authorized? 

This is my hard earned money and Paypal, a company that prides itself on fighting and protecting against fraud, is basically saying that I have to lose my money because their investigation is so pristine and told them differently than I did. I NEED MY MONEY BACK. Yet, customer service is nowhere to be found. What can I do? Please help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ChrisBroer91
Mine is hacked aswell through DNS. My bank acc still on there, i provided every proof its me like live photos with contract that the hacked paypal is on, showed like 50 live photo location on my address, they even had monthly bank receipt. They dont help they help and promote cybercrime. I have no access to that mobile number since the number is changed and blocked by me permanently. I just told my bank to charge back and then ill block em for taking money from my bank.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.