My Account is Banned for No Reason, I can't Contact anyone, PLEASE HELP!

wbaxterh
New Community Member

Hi Paypal community,

I am sending this message out to get some advice here and share my story for those that might have a similar experience. 

I have a longtime paypal account and have NEVER done anything illicit or illegal.

I recently opened a Shopify store: https://www.theshredsalve.com/ selling a CBD + Essential Oil topical blend marketed for "shredders" I.e. people who Skateboard, Snowboard, Wakeboard like myself. I have had a few friends buy from me using the Paypal Checkout, everything seemed fine and I shipped out the orders and customers received them. Recently I received two emails from Paypal almost back to back.

The first email was: "Your account is no longer available for funds now" "Because of changes in your account activity, holds may apply to your money from sales."

Immediately following that email, just minutes later I got the: "You can no longer use PayPal" email saying :

After a review, we decided to permanently limit your account as we found potential risk associated with it. You’ll not be able to use PayPal to send and receive money or shop online.

If you have money in your PayPal balance, we’ll hold the money for up to 180 days. After that period, we’ll email you with information on how to access your funds.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause."

I have tried to call Paypal, no success. I have tried to message them, no success. I cannot seem to get in touch with anyone. When I call them, I try to speak to a representative and every time it leads me down the robot path until they say that I should message their website and that no representatives are available. 

Then I try to message them via the contact us messenger, and the robot says: "All our agents are currently offline. Please try again during business hours."

Then it lists the business hours, but I am within the business hours every time I try this!

This is absurd, am I really banned from Paypal with no explanation? Unable to speak to any representative or human or even support email? Unable to close my account and open a new one? Has Voldemort taken control of the system? where is the justice here?! This is ridiculous!!

I think it's clear we need to start using something other than Paypal.

Peace,

Wes

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

BuyMeACoffee
Contributor
Contributor

You are not alone. 

Login to Me Too

ChrHan8
Contributor
Contributor

Going through the same thing, but I'm not a business account, just a personal one that's never sold anything.

Randomly had PayPal email me saying they've "initiated the closure of my account" and that it was now under permanent limitation. I've had no warning or reason given, and all of my attempts to contact them (Complaint form on the website, email, Twitter support and phone support) have all been met with the same canned responses saying there is nothing I can do.

Absolutely absurd for a company as large and ubiquitous as PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.