My Account Access is Temporarily Limited?

KuyzUnyo
Contributor
Contributor

Let me start by saying, I was a lover of your services as it made it easy and safe for my to make payment online.  I have uploaded every required document regarding to "Provide credit card statement" and "Confirm Bank Account" has both already be confirmed but the photo ID and address still waiting for the review. My concern question was How long will it take to restore my PayPal account access?

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50

madlozza
New Community Member

I have been with paypal for over 15 years. Never had any kind of issue, but now suddenly I do!! Now my account is limited, I cannot make any payments. There is no timeframe for my account to be reviewed, no way of contacting anyone, just a merrygoround of web forms. Thank God I don't have any money being held by paypal. Still I guess all good things come to an end, and now paypal has forced me to research other ways of transferring money for overseas purchases...So long and thanks for all the fish!

Login to Me Too

picturebox
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. I have been a business member for 21 years. One chargeback and they have blocked my account for 2 months. My credit card company has already refunded my money and rejected PayPal's claim. I was a victim of a fraudster but PayPal found in his favor even though the scam was well documented.

Login to Me Too

picturebox
Contributor
Contributor

I managed to get my account block lifted by speaking on the phone with customer services. Many tries through all other avenues were impossible and mostly just went into loops.

It took just over 2 months from start to finish. I had been working with PayPal (personal and business) for over 21 years and this was the first time they ever blocked my account. All I said to the customer services representative was I would now like to close my account now. A few minutes later the account block was lifted. 

Maybe one day I will trust PayPal enough again to start running one or more of my businesses through them. I am just not sure when.

Login to Me Too

ShadowArrow69
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal holds your money for no reason and doesn't respond to anything at all, but will later suspend your account and keep the money for 180 days. Will be sure to spread the word and file a complaint to the BBB for suing, see how they like that.

Login to Me Too

Anteria123
Contributor
Contributor

Do they transfer the money directly to your bank account that you have linked? They obviously can't keep the money as that would be stealing. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about your limitations. There are a few different issues/questions here, so I'll provide some information that hopefully covers all the bases.

If there are steps to complete in the Resolution Center, please complete those steps and allow time for the review of the appeal. If you don't hear anything within a week, please contact customer service to inquire about the status of the review.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

If the limitation is a permanent limitation, the funds in the account are typically held for 180 days from the date of the limitation in case there are any disputes or chargebacks. Once the 180 days elapses, you will be contacted with withdrawal options. The funds are not automatically sent to your bank account.

If you have difficulty withdrawing or with linking a bank or card for withdrawal, please contact customer service for assistance using the options listed above.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

redxtraders
Contributor
Contributor

Yea there is the twitter and Facebook contact us , they talk to you nicely until they know your issue after that they keep sending auto replies!!

Login to Me Too

VINCENTMALLARI
Contributor
Contributor

HOW CAN I RESOLVE THIS ISSUES IN MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT? 67729540_382178149153804_8971630680647663616_n.jpg67790384_341778133367843_3152229914766213120_n.jpg

Login to Me Too

Sambittintun
Contributor
Contributor
My account limitations added
Login to Me Too

Pianoman1
Contributor
Contributor
I too have at wits with PayPal I am trying to pay the seller they say I am over limit and the money is pending nearly 5days now an absolute joke
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.