My Account Access is Temporarily Limited?

KuyzUnyo
Contributor
Contributor

Let me start by saying, I was a lover of your services as it made it easy and safe for my to make payment online.  I have uploaded every required document regarding to "Provide credit card statement" and "Confirm Bank Account" has both already be confirmed but the photo ID and address still waiting for the review. My concern question was How long will it take to restore my PayPal account access?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KuyzUnyo

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KuyzUnyo

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Feat1111
New Community Member
Find myself in exactly the same situation, complied with information requests, spoke to customer service ,and still not resolved, what else is left??!!
Login to Me Too

Joshcla22

lol im trying to close my account and it wont let me???

Login to Me Too

Codaman1120
Contributor
Contributor
Besides ready to jump off a building. I have done everything message provide everything it’s been 6!days now they won’t even message me back help I’m offering a 100 reward to whom get this limitation off
Login to Me Too

larding
New Community Member

yup same except that I'm refusing to provide bank/credit card statements. It's ridiculous. I've chatted w/ customer service at least twice and both times they dropped me after providing a rote answer ... sorry and good luck. I may just stop using them since they are unresponsive (and Covid isn't to blame; had issue with them once before and took forever )

Login to Me Too

brasscupcakes
Contributor
Contributor

My account has been limited for over six months due to fraud that was proven by my bank and Grubhub (committed by someone with a different name in a different state). I was reimbursed by my bank, uploaded detailed letters about the fraud from my bank and grubhub, submitted all my documents BUT they are asking for statements from the card that was (NATURALLY) destroyed and closed down by the bank that investigated the fraud charges.  I have uploaded a bank statement for the same underlying bank that is now attached to the new card and added the new card number but it hasn't helped remove the limits 

If your Paypal account has been limited, do not do what I did and give Paypal yet another card and statements from your bank. Once your account is limited, you can ADD cards and payment information but you cannot REMOVE them. And once an account/card has been added to a limited Paypal account, you cannot use that account/card as a payment method on a NEW paypal account. 

Note that the Paypal fraud that was successfully investigated by the bank sponsoring my Visa card and Grub Hub was determined by Paypal -- after I asked them to investigate -- to be "authorized charges."

It was only after I uploaded the determination from my bank and Grub Hub that they limited my Paypal account due to 'suspected fraudulent charges.' My PP account is empty. PP doesn't owe me a cent, because the fraud was already reimbursed. You can trust this company with your money for over twenty years like I did, do everything right and they still won't lift a finger to help you. 

Coronavirus is no excuse. Fraud is rampant right now and this was not the only account of mine that was impacted. Every other company I dealt apart from Paypal had a REAL fraud department with REAL humans. In one instance, I had to be on hold for many hours over several days but eventually I received effective, human help and I am more than willing to be extremely patient in a crisis, as should we all  be.  

Paypal is undoubtedly shirking its fiduciary duty to customers and stockholders ... but no court is going to "punish" them for this -- in the best case scenario courts will only hold them accountable for actual financial losses. 

Most of us either haven't lost actual money or only lost a small amount and do not have time or energy right now to sue Paypal or write letters to Paypal's Board of Directors. 

The best we can do is protect ourselves by withholding additional financial information from Paypal because if that information is compromised, unlike other financial institutions, Paypal will not step in and do meaningful fraud investigation. 

Login to Me Too

redxtraders
Contributor
Contributor

same, i am suffering from same problem first they asked me to answer 4 questions, all done. Then 2 days later they asked me 6 questions , all done but my account didnt get back to normal and even i called customer call service!

i dont know what kind of a game is paypal playing ,or why is the business type paypal available ,, if there are problems !

Huh , regret using paypal ! seriously man!

just started to realize all the customer service in paypal is just a bunch of wastage of time

Login to Me Too

Jmyrick97
Contributor
Contributor
same here. I think mine is because I sell on ebay but I had a friend transfer me money and so now its all sorts of messed up. And to top it off their is never any Available customer service reps due to COVID, their lack of customer support is affecting my income and my business.
Login to Me Too

Frar
New Community Member

such a nightmare!. Im in the same situation over a month now, no answer at all. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.