Mum was scammed - faudulent paypal account

Temp20211007b
Contributor
Contributor

I can't find an answer to my question on the help centre.

My mum was scammed last week - the scammers accessed her mobile phone remotely and fraudulently set up payments in her name (luckily she realised what was happening before she gave them the final security code from her bank so they didn't steal her money), but I have found text messages on her phone from Paypal with a security code in it - I know she doesn't have a PayPal account so I believe they have set one up in her name fraudulently to make these payments.

I have made a registration with CIFAS now regarding identity theft but I want to know how I go about closing this fraudulent PayPal account down - I can't find an article that really helps on the website and not sure who to contact as this is not regarding my own PayPal account.

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20211007b 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.