cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple fraudulant charges from my checking account to someone elses paypal account.

Highlighted
Contributor

Multiple fraudulant charges from my checking account to someone elses paypal account.

I am trying to assist my mother with some fraudulent withdrawals from her checking account. The deal is, she doesn't have a Paypal account so has no idea how to proceed. The bank transactions in question all happened on the same date for various amounts and to 3 different paypal accounts.  Looks like a total of 8 unauthorized transactions so I've been making a lot of calls today. Unfortunately on the bank transaction, Paypal is the only one that doesn't list a phone number. Luckily I have a Paypal account so I can log in here and ask questions but mom has no way of knowing how to contact Paypal.

So my question is, how does she get a hold of Paypal to report the fraudulent transactions? Does Paypal investigate the shady accounts that stole money from mom's checking account? I know one of the account holders is being investigated for identity theft and fraud so this situation will be included in the official police report update.

Hopefully someone will have some advise for me.