Multiple complaints on same transaction

CP2000
Contributor
Contributor
I recently got scammed by a Chinese seller, Liyang Chengbo. This seller is fraudulently selling cheap curling irons under the name TYME iron. They use pictures and videos from the TYME website. They even use their logo. Unfortunately I didn't realize this until after I placed the order. I opened a complaint in the Resolution Center because it had been almost a week since I placed the order and hadn't received any shipping or tracking information and no reply to emails. I actually wanted to cancel the order but that didn't happen. When they finally got back with me, way after I opened up the complaint, they said they couldn't cancel because the order already shipped. And since I did receive the order I couldn't escalate that complaint. Well this product is a joke. It doesn't work and the paint melted off the first time it was used. I'm now trying to return it with no success. First they said I was using it wrong, then they wanted to see pics of the damage which I had already sent. Now I haven't heard from them in over ten days. I tried to open a new complaint, this time for a billing issue but it won't let me. It just automatically denies it every time. I assumed I wouldn't be able to redo the same complaint but I didn't know that I wouldn't be able to file any other complaint on the same transaction. I'm so **bleep**. This is a total scam. And the sad thing is you won't see this name before you buy. But if you do, get your money back immediately. Don't wait.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CP2000 

Stick to buying direct from brand site itself or sites you know that are reputable. If the price is super cheap from the mfr's suggested retail, something funny going on. 

Now, what you need to do is try this or call customer service to change your claim reason to Significantly Not As Described and report that it is counterfeit/knockoff. You will need to return for a refund though and is responsible for the return costs as that is not provided in the dispute, only the amount originally paid.

PayPal has a return shipping refund program for future purchases if this return is not eligible:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.