Multiple Paypal accounts - HELP!

bjn201
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

I stupidly and ignorantly opened multiple paypal accounts - for budgeting purposes, I didnt realise this was not allowed.

I am now in the following situation:

Account 1 has £500 in it

Account 2-3 have no money

I received a message about all the above accounts being frozen - Fine understandable i was in the wrong.

I spoke to someone on the phone and they said I need to close the other accounts - Fine. 

But I cant close accounts that have a limitation on it. The limitation is on the account due to the mulitple accounts.

Its a circular problem - help!

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bjn201 

Resolve the limitation, is it asking for documents to verify identity? Or was those accounts permanently limited?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

bjn201
Contributor
Contributor

So initially there was no request for documentation. I then spoke on the chat, and they amended it so i could upload. 

Docs have been uploaded, but the issue is that all the balances in the accounts need to be consolidated into one account, and the others closed. They have been sent off to the "back office".

Based on your experience can anyone tell me how long that process takes? What can i expect? A call at somepoint? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.