Mr

doodlebug11
Contributor
Contributor

I received a notification in my Paypal account to provided information for security,  proof of identity etc , as I had recently sold a guitar on ebay for £1200. I provided the information required and now Paypal have stated that they do not want me as a customer and have froze my account and will not release the money for 180 days. Has anybody experience this terrible treatment or can provide any guidance on how to resolve this issue. I never have had any issues or problems with paypal prior and I am at a loss as to why this has happened.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@doodlebug11 

Sadly paypal no longer want your business and there is not a lot you can do about it.
Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you were over 18 then and the account is in your legal name. Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.