Moved to another country while having money on my paypal

Chrisv8
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Hope you all doing well! So basically i created this paypal account in the UK, but i recently moved to another country and opened up here a new credit card, i added this credit card to my account to withdraw the money from but out of nowhere paypal limited my account, and asks for proof of address and all that stuff, i have recently confirmed my credit card but still i can't withdraw my money, but i can't confirm my identity or the address because i already moved to another country, and i didn't register with my real name and address, i know that was stupid, but i have a lot of money on line here that i don't want to lose. What should i do guys? Should i call them and tell them about all of this? Any help is appreciated thank you.
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chrisv8 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Chrisv8
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your reply! Before i moved, i didn't know about all of this, i thought its not country specific
Login to Me Too

Chrisv8
Contributor
Contributor
Any idea guys??
Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if the account is not in your name,you make up some name,how can you give Paypal any documents ? 

Login to Me Too

Chrisv8
Contributor
Contributor
Not sure what do you mean, i just want my money back thats all..
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chrisv8 

Did you actually read my post above? Especially the second paragraph?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.