Money taken from my account - never arrived at destined company

Xephos
New Community Member

Hey everyone, 

July 23rd I made a purchase to a company I've made loads of payments to in the past. When I paid using PayPal, the money was immediately taken out of my account as expected. However, no products were received. I decided to give it a day or two, maybe there was a slight delay. 

4 days later, still nothing. I decided to contact the company to ask about the status of my transaction. I sent them the necessary details of my transaction and they responded saying it was pending in their system. Meaning they had not received any money. They told me that no money should have been taken from my account yet. However, it has been. And they pointed out that - in this case - I should contact PayPal to ask what went wrong. 

I have not been able to find my answer in the help or action center. I hope the community can tell me what I can do in this situation. I can't seem to cancel the transaction to get my money back and I can't seem to contact PayPal for help. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Xephos 

Difficult to advise as you haven't said which ''account'' its been taken out of !!!

Paypal account balance?

Bank account?

Debit card account?

Crredit card account?

Or said what it says next to the transaction in your paypal account !!

Sent.

Completed or payment.

Pending with a clearance date.

Pending awaiting authorisation.

Pending / unclaimed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.