Money stolen from my paypal account

JaxA1
Contributor
Contributor
Please could anybody give me help or advice! I let somebody from a charity buy goods from my son using my paypal account as my son doesn’t have one. She made quite a few purchases for her charity up until May. Last week she has contacted her bank and basically lied and said she didn’t know what the transactions were for and has reclaimed £2,700 from my paypal account. I am not a business and the transactions I now find out are not covered as they were made as Friends and family payments. I now have a -£2.7k on my account and Paypal offered no help. I have all the information to prove that this person bought goods from my son, receipts, tracking and emails between them but just don’t know how to resolve it. I feel I need her bank info to inform them that what she has done is fraud but I really don’t know and would appreciate any advice.
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

it is poor judgment to allow others to use your Paypal account.

Worse it sounds like you have allowed her to link her bank account to your Paypal account,

You should know better 

Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

sorry,I just reread your post.

is your son using your Paypal account to sell goods to a charity and now the lady from charity is telling her bank it is not so?

how old is your son?

Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

worse,these transactions are friend and family,this is called fee avoidance.

Login to Me Too

JaxA1
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry excuse my ignorance but I am not a seller and I’ve never used Paypal as a business, just to buy bits and bobs from eBay etc so I’m not understanding a lot of what your saying but I do think you are being rather rude, I just came for advice not to be made to feel worse than I already do. Thank you
Login to Me Too

JaxA1
Contributor
Contributor
And that’s advice???
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JaxA1 

Unfortunately its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and can lead to your Paypal account being limited.

A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for 'non-receipt' OR 'not as described' as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.

However they can still open an 'unauthorised transaction' OR do a 'chargeback' (if they funded that Paypal payment via their credit card) and you would probably lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection because you accepted payment that way.

Sadly nothing you can do about it, you really need to read up on Paypals seller protection before you start to sell so that you are aware of how to protect yourself.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.