Money stolen from my account, paypal isn't doing anything

Mimik_Ice
Contributor
Contributor

I have used paypal for about a year, I had a different account before. Someone managed to get into my account and make a transaction of £50 to Omnyex Ecommerce DMCC, I believe they bought a Steam Code for £48.99 GBP. I got a text from Paypal saying that the transaction was marked as suspicious. 'reply 1 if authorised or 2 if not authorised'. I tried to send a text to reply with 2, the message didn't send, I was curious why and apparently it's because they charge you for texts. Anyway I thought that surely without my confirmation on a suspicious transaction they won't let it pass through right? Because what kind of fraud protection is that. But what an idiot I was when I looked into my account and saw a transaction of -£48.99. I immediately tried to dispute the transaction as unauthorised. Paypal came back to me and said that the transaction is authorised and my money will not be refunded. I guess it isn't that much amount of money, but it's still my money and I want it back. I have provided pictures below that show the text chain and the closed case.1122

33CaseCase

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DavidIoffe
New Community Member
Yesterday it happend to me idk what PayPal will do with it... But I hope that they will do the right thing and return the money that was stolen from me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.