Money stolen, account closed. How do I get my money back?

matchstickphyre
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I recently signed up for PayPal to send a friend money for an art commission. Two days later, I get an email saying that my account was "closed" and I could no longer access it. I made a new one, and again, I get an email saying that my account has been closed, along with an email saying that someone has taken $26 from my card. Since the account was closed, I have no way of filing a report of fraud. Attached are the three emails I received, one the email saying someone had logged into my account, one the bill of the transaction, and one saying my account had been closed. If anyone knows how I can resolve this issue and get my money back, help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you, 

Payton

Screen Shot 2020-09-13 at 3.28.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-13 at 3.27.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-13 at 3.27.29 PM.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@matchstickphyre 

For the $26 charge, contact your financial institution to dispute it. See where it says "Charge will appear in your credit card statement as "PAYPAL *UFA SELLER"? Contact your card issuer to report the transaction as unauthorized.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@matchstickphyre 

For the $26 charge, contact your financial institution to dispute it. See where it says "Charge will appear in your credit card statement as "PAYPAL *UFA SELLER"? Contact your card issuer to report the transaction as unauthorized.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.