Money returned to buyer by paypal

dannulty
Contributor
Contributor
Back in March I sold something on ebay. I received notification that the payment had been received but was on hold. I let the person take the item and tried to resolve the issue with PayPal. At the time we were in lockdown and I couldn't speak to anyone and the money was then returned to the buyer. I tried ebay at the time because couldn't speak to anyone at PayPal other than the Facebook messenger bot. EBay were no help as said a PayPal issue. Tried the buyer but she has subsequently deleted her eBay account and can no longer message her. Can PayPal help me resolve this as I can't raise a dispute as there is no record of the payment ever being received as was on hold?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dannulty 

The bad news is, that money is GONE. Move on with life. Nothing can be done.

I read your old posts from back in April 23 2020 and apparently the money has been returned to the buyers because you used an old email address accepting payments that either you couldn't access to collect the money or was not registered to a PayPal account. Some reason. When payments go unclaimed past 30 days, it is returned to the sender.

The old PayPal account don't even have the money anymore. Are you able to log in to your old PayPal account at all? You'd have to go to the Activity and do a date search to pull up the transactions. Still, the money was returned. Once returned it can't be clawed back. Unless you want to go back and invoice those buyers.

If you sell on eBay again, make sure the PayPal email address on the sale listing form receiving the payment is correct/updated. You were advised back in April but you said nothing else about it again until you post about now. Too much time has past. The money is gone. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.