Money requested but not into account

Calebmo1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I recently sold an item, the person said they have transferred the money via PayPal, I have the emails from PayPal but funds have not been released, since the item has arrived at the person's place( checked the tracking number), the person doesn't respond to messages, doesn't respond to emails and phone calls all of a sudden haven't gone through.

Can anyone assist ? I have tried contacting PayPal but have not received any assistance.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Calebmo1 

If the money request status is still marked Pending, you have not been paid. It's very likely you have been scammed by spoof/fake PayPal emails and you shipped item without receiving payment.

If someone really paid, you should see a record of payment in your account and in your available balance.  Even if PayPal puts a hold on the funds, you should still see a record of payment, marked On Hold and the amount in your pending balance.

There is nothing PayPal can do since no payment took place so its a law enforcement issue to recover your item.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Calebmo1 

If the money request status is still marked Pending, you have not been paid. It's very likely you have been scammed by spoof/fake PayPal emails and you shipped item without receiving payment.

If someone really paid, you should see a record of payment in your account and in your available balance.  Even if PayPal puts a hold on the funds, you should still see a record of payment, marked On Hold and the amount in your pending balance.

There is nothing PayPal can do since no payment took place so its a law enforcement issue to recover your item.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Calebmo1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response, I will get enforcement involved.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.