Money removed from account, buyer won't close claim.

Mel02
Contributor
Contributor
A buyer who i was unable to refund opened a dispute against me. The money for the refund was removed from my account. That's fine, he closes the dispute and PayPal sends him that money back after a few days. He then opened a claim. Even though the money has been removed and awaiting to enter his account he has escalated the matter. And i'm too sure what to do? I can't refund him as i'm in the negitaves and the money has already been removed anyways. So it's just a case of waiting for it to process right? I literally can't do anything and yet he still has made the matter far worse. Any ideas or if ive done something wrong to close the claim?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Mel02,

Thank you for your post! When a dispute is opened, the money for the transaction is held in waiting for the decision of the case. If the dispute is escalated to a claim and the claim is found in the buyer's favor, the held money is refunded. If the claim is found in the seller's favor, the held money is released to the seller. In the dispute, you have the option to expedite the process by choosing the option to refund the held money.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Mel02
Contributor
Contributor
I believe i wrote that wrong, he never closed the dispute he just escalated it into a claim
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Mel02,

Thank you for your post! When a dispute is opened, the money for the transaction is held in waiting for the decision of the case. If the dispute is escalated to a claim and the claim is found in the buyer's favor, the held money is refunded. If the claim is found in the seller's favor, the held money is released to the seller. In the dispute, you have the option to expedite the process by choosing the option to refund the held money.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Mel02
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much 💟 I got an email saying the claim was in favour of the buyer and they have now been refunded. A lot of pressure off of my chest.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Mel02,

Thank you for coming back to let us know of the outcome! I'm glad it's resolved!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.