Money on hold, no support from paypal due to covid-19, what can i do ?!

LiviuAsandei
Contributor
Contributor

What can i do if paypal put my money on hold and they don't bother to take into consideration the proofs they requested weeks ago?

The payment i got from the client was actually already been approved by him, delivered and everything but paypal still put my money on hold and don't even bother to read my emails. What is the whole purpose of the customer service if i'm facing a crucial problem and the reply i got from their was not even in English and has NOTHING to do with my problem in hand?

What can i do now? Im not working for fun, i need this money for my family ! Basically they holding my money without even care for a second what's happening with us ! I mean, i followed all the rules so it's not fair for me to expect paypal to treat me fairly ? I don't wanna be a drama queen here but if i don't get my money back, i literally have no money to feed my family, this is where i stand.

This is cry for help because i'm being ignored by paypal, i literally have no idea what to do next !

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LiviuAsandei 

No idea if US citizens get priority, i am not in the US but i doubt it, paypal deals with things on a queue basis.

Also if everyone sends daily emails for 3 weeks then no wonder that paypal are bogged down.

Best to send x1 and then wait your turn.

Instead of email have you got the live chat option available? It comes and goes dependent on if they have staff to use it so keep checking.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LiviuAsandei
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried everything, trust me. At first, i did emaild once and waited, and waited but again, this is very serious and paypal's attitude is totally wrong.

Well, i just read here that someone did posted regarding a issue he/she had today and paypal solved his issue right way. How's that possible, how do you think this makes me feel?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LiviuAsandei 

I suppose it depends on the 'issue' some must be easier to solve than others.

Have you looked for the live chat option as that is your best bet.

Keep looking it comes and goes even in my country.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

grinbergalita
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem, already a month is pass, i have provided all documents, i am from Latvia. All i get in response is one robotic answer. I write e mail every Day. Before month, when problem started i tried calling customer service, it was impossible to get through. I have no idea what to do now, how to get to the money.
Login to Me Too

LiviuAsandei
Contributor
Contributor

OMG, 1 month? Wtf am i suppouse to do if i have to wait that much to get my hard working money back ?! Jesus, this is what's hapenning when there is no serious competition out there, paypal is basically **bleep** on people, because where the hell should we go !?

Login to Me Too

Geoff10
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same problem for 3 weeks now and it still hasn't been resolved. I have provided all the id they asked for, I called them numerous times and I still cant access my funds. I did hear that a lot of people are trying to withdraw money and Paypal haven't got it to give them? Could this be the reason?

Login to Me Too

Dhhardy
New Community Member
I had the same issue. Contacted an attorney. He said document and save all communications with PayPal. Class action lawsuits with be forthcoming.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dhhardy 

You'll be lucky as LEGALLY you can't open a class action lawsuit against paypal anymore.

https://www.theverge.com/2012/10/17/3511792/paypal-class-action-suit-ban

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.