Money held for 180 days, now over

areforsado
New Community Member

I received an email from paypal last June 21, 2018. It reads below:

"After reviewing your PayPal account, we've determined there to be excessive risk involved in doing business with you and we'd like to begin parting ways in a manner that is least disruptive to your business.
 If there is any money in your account balance, it will be held for 180 days (from the date of the last payment you received) to cover any disputes that might be opened by your buyers.
 After 180 days, we may ask you to provide us with a proof of identity and a proof of address before you can withdraw any remaining balance. 
 If there are outstanding buyer complaints open against you, you can refund your customers via the Resolution Centre in your PayPal account. 
 We reserve the right to close any account reported to be involved in possible high-risk behaviour. In the event of a dispute, we'll try to recover the money from you by debiting your PayPal balance first and, if there are insufficient funds in your PayPal balance, we reserve the right to collect your debt to PayPal by any other legal means.
 We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter and regret any inconvenience it may cause you."

Today is the 220th day but I still am not receiving any email from Paypal. I can still open my account and my funds are still there. There's no any notice that I cannot use their service anymore.

I'd like to ask for your help what action should I do or how could I contact Paypal for free aside from their message center. I tried contacting them many times through message center but I didn't get any response.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@areforsado

Paypal is 'country specific' so advice often depends on what country you are in. As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ktraughber
Contributor
Contributor
This is the second time paypalHas done this to me the first time was $300 after 180 days I could not contact them I can sign into my old account can find out anything and then all of a sudden there was no paperwork on that what’s the weather there was no trail nobody knew anything about it I can speak to one person who could tell me they knew anything about it so I pretty much had to forget it this time I didn’t have a merchant account I was using The paypalme service to send money to my daughter which I do every moth to pay her rent so this was not a new think . They won’t give me my money they won’t give it to my daughter . They said I could issue a refund and that would be the only way to get my $1000 back. Wtf????? I can’t refund anything??? It was not a purchase from me or anyone else I simply sent by child money for her rent because she is away from home in dental school. This time though I have took all steps toward recovery of my funds . I have filed a class action lawsuit against PayPal for taking my money. Telling me they have to hold it in case my customers want a refund . Lol I wasn’t even in my merchant account. I was in my verified paypalme account. But have begun to notice a pattern . If you try sending a few hundred they always try to place a hold but normally will release it in a few days but once verified supposedly this don’t happen again. But yet again it has, and I have verified my identity now three times but this time they tell me my accounts have been closed. I’m my opinion PayPal is not federally mandated to hold anyone’s money they are not a financial institution. Nor do their calling centers in the Philippines have federal training to hold people’s money. This area is one that requires training. I think that if PayPal held $1000 from one million customers for six months the amount of interest that would get off that is off the charts. Most wouldn’t even think that a business like PayPal would jepordize their business like that. But greed gets the best of some and a lot is never enough
Login to Me Too

Brian105
New Community Member
Wow...this is how you guys scam people..many related complaints no pay..the beginning of a downfall
Login to Me Too

digitalplan
Contributor
Contributor

We have the same problem is just over 180 days and Paypal not notify us for transfering money as they say over past 180 days we will sind you email with instruction to transfer your amount! If we wil not recived this money, we will open lawsiute against paypal, no one still our money also paypal you didnt clarificated why you Limited our account at all!?

Soo paypal provide us anwsers where is now our money that you still holding and when will be realised for transfer!? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@digitalplan 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation OR account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

digitalplan
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass We allready doo that. Soo expect to be resolved not to wait until...

Login to Me Too

MysticTraveler
Contributor
Contributor
I just had the same issue just today, I posted a item on Swappa and sold a Iphone 12 pro and the buyer bought it I shipped it, money was on hold until it was delivered then it was released. I ended up wanting to transfer my available balance to my bank and a it said sorry can’t send right now try again later. Well then I got a notice by email and in the app stating the same message you got 180 days so today is my first day this happened! I called customer support and they told me the system does that to prevent chargebacks etc.. I told then it’s my money the $960.26 I was paid for and they say I have to wait this stupid 180 days I told then I will take them to small claims cause this is money I can use to pay my bills and they still won’t release it. PayPal is messed up doing this long waiting period
Login to Me Too

pedrob92
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is increasing their profits in a pyramid scheme. 

You accepted their 300 pages TOS that you are suppose to read so there is nothing we can do.

Me too have been banned as soon as money reached my account, been waiting for Months not to mention, I owe ebay fees, which I cannot pay due to have my money frozen...

Wrote several messages and I only get automated responses or simply copy pasted answers.

These new managers they have, are the biggest scammers out there swimming in wealth while we struggle here with our money frozen.

This is by far the worst financial company ever.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pedrob92 

They don't limit your account for no reason, why would they?

They would make far more cash letting you USE your account when buyers pay you OR you pay sellers.

The amount that they 'limit' would be far less in profit to them after a short while and often the ban is permanent so that would not be in their interest would it.

Paypal WANT you to open and use paypal accounts as that is how they earn cash.

If they have limited it then you have in some way broken their rules, and that can be anything from accepting friends/family payments for sales to being underage and a myriad of other reasons in between, they never give you a reason unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.