Money been taken out of friends account I sent but not been put back in mine

Alan391
Contributor
Contributor

I sent money to a friend and disputed that he was charged £60 as I never saw the option 'Send to friend' he now tells me they have taken the money out of his bank but it has not been put back in mine ?

I had a nightmare evening dealing with that problem and PayPal never returned that £60 now he tells me 4 days later they have taken all the money I sent him out of his bank account and I now have another nightmare trying to contact Paypal. I messaged that chat thing but nobody has replied and if I close that chat window it says it will close my dispute I have just told them about. I dont know what i'm doing I didnt in the first place and now I dont think I can contact Paypal. Oh man this is driving me mad.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alan391 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to your friend from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Zaynoo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, Sorry to hear this. 

The chat thing you are referring to is an automated bot that is trying to help you, you will eventually get trough to a person. Keep trying and say "Speak to a Representative".

You can also e-mail paypal as they reply within 24 hours. But the message option is probably the easiest and fastest to get a response and have a dialog. 

They will for sure help you with this matter and provide you the information on your case.

Login to Me Too

Alan391
Contributor
Contributor

How do I email them please ?

Login to Me Too

Zaynoo
Contributor
Contributor

You can contact them here https://www.paypal.com/smc/customer 

They reply within 24 hours, please describe your issue as good as you can and they will review your case.

Login to Me Too

Alan391
Contributor
Contributor

I have a major problem here because when I click on the payment I have a problem with they are saying the case is already closed. That dispute was about my friend being charged my new dispute about the same payment is about the money being removed from his back and not put back in my account. When I get my money back I will give him the money by back transfer. Oh man I cant believe the hassle this has caused.

Login to Me Too

Alan391
Contributor
Contributor

Oh that is that chatbox thing ive been messaging. Well if that is the case I hope they get back to me thanks

Login to Me Too

Zaynoo
Contributor
Contributor

They reply to the messages in the message center within 24 hours, just stay put and they will review your case and escalate it if it needs to.

Login to Me Too

Alan391
Contributor
Contributor

You dont mean stay here on paypal do you or can I get on with my life and they will message me back when they get to it ?

Login to Me Too

Zaynoo
Contributor
Contributor

You do not have to sit and wait for an reply, you can close paypal and they will still reply, your message has been sent and they will reply.

You will get an notification by e-mail and in your paypal when they have replied. As long as you do not mark your conversation as resolved they will continue to reply and help you on your matter.

Hope this clarifies.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alan391 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to your friend from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.