Money back from purchase

Fin2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I bought counterfeit Kinstons SSD from China from ebay. I thought this is real Kinston. By mistake I reclamated through PayPal and not through ebay. Now PayPal tolds that I have to pay shipping back to China. Can I cancel this with PayPal and open new reclamation with Ebay? Ebay will credit the shipping as well. It is not right that someone sells illegal counterfeit copies and I have to pay something.

Can I cancel with PayPal and go again with ebay?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Fin2
Contributor
Contributor

It seems to be that claiming through ebay is helpful, but through PayPal there is none sense as the shipping from Finland as tracked shipment will cost huge. So in this case I will go forward with credit card company. For future orders I will avoid PayPal as it is only taking money without any help in my case. Also I will rather buy from company who is accepting credit card payment. I think that some sellers even know this shipping problem and rather like to use PayPal.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fin2 

No, once you open a PayPal dispute, eBay won't touch it.

The order you should always "reclaim" your money back is try eBay Money Back Guarantee first, then PayPal if you lose at eBay, then credit card chargeback or bank reversal if you lose case at PayPal.

PayPal has a Return Shipping reimbursement program. Click "Shopping" or "Offers" in the top menu of your PayPal account and scroll around to look for it and register your account or use this link:

https://www.paypal.com/fi/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

Fin2
Contributor
Contributor

It seems to be that claiming through ebay is helpful, but through PayPal there is none sense as the shipping from Finland as tracked shipment will cost huge. So in this case I will go forward with credit card company. For future orders I will avoid PayPal as it is only taking money without any help in my case. Also I will rather buy from company who is accepting credit card payment. I think that some sellers even know this shipping problem and rather like to use PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.