Money Locked for 180 Days and STILL Can't Get Access !

DigitalDodo
Contributor
Contributor

My Paypal business account was shut down last year and my funds were unavailable for withdrawal for 180 days. It's now day 207 and my funds are STILL unavailable to be withdrawn. I've phoned at least 15 times and I'm told a 'request' has been made to release my funds and to wait for 72 hours for an email - THE EMAIL NEVER COMES, I've been told to do this 5 or 6 times now then I'm told I need to submit a photo ID over and over again. I'm starting to think Paypal are making it hugely difficult to collect my money so I just give up in the end and forget about it. Are Paypal scamming me and does anybody have a similar experience to this ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DigitalDodo 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you were over 18 then and the account is in your legal name. Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.