Mistaken recipient.

Crystal170
Contributor
Contributor

I mistakenly made 2 separate payments to whom I thought was to receive. Wrong. I've tried to contact person but email returned as invalid. Interestingly, one payment went in dollars and the other in pounds. I just want my money back. What can I do ? Impossible to speak to anyone.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Crystal170 

How did you send the funds ie which paypal option?

What does it say next to the transaction on your paypal account ie pending / unclaimed / payment or sent?

How did you fund the paypal payment ie which funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Crystal170 

How did you send the funds ie which paypal option?

What does it say next to the transaction on your paypal account ie pending / unclaimed / payment or sent?

How did you fund the paypal payment ie which funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Crystal170
Contributor
Contributor
Hi , thanx for getting back to me. I paid by PayPal to Friends And family and it now says Completed. When I opened the dispute it said unverified but it now says dispute closed.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Crystal170 

Sadly as you sent it friends/family then you negated any buyer protection than you may have had.

The only dispute you could open would be unauthorised but that would be closed when paypal check and realise you did make the transaction and your account was not hacked.

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then you could talk to your card issuer but again as it was a 'gift' payment then you may not be covered with them either.

All you can do is reach out to the recipient of the funds and request them to refund the payment but you can't force them to do so unfortunately. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Crystal170
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.