Misrepresented purchase

jimarman
Contributor
Contributor

On October 27, 2017, I purchased used marine inboard engine from NOS Marine,55753, <removed>. It was advertised as 1994 Mercruiser 4.3L I/O Inboard V6 Complete. I paid $2660 with shipping with PAYPAL. When I received the engine I was just starting to rebuild the boat structure and rewiring the boat. As a retiree, I worked on it sporadically. When it came time to install the engine, I found that the ignition system was inoperative, the alternator was frozen with dirt and dried grease and the starter the same.       I have tried by replacing these parts, but each time I fix something another thing goes wrong.

The engine was misrepresented as it was advertised as a 1994 but the engine number proved it to be a 1992. it said it used only in freshwater, but showed salt water rusting. I made the purchase through eBay.   

I have rebuilt 5 previous Shamrock boats, so I know what I am doing. Do I have any recourse in this matter?

Jim <removed>

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.