Misled do I have a case

DrWho345
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I made a purchase to a company wanting a product they were advertising, saw the ad on FaceBook, purchased it, and waited. I have finally received it, and it is nothing like what was described/shown Of course I saved the ad on FaceBook and the confirmation email, and when I went back to try and find it again, the website is still there, but the ad isn’t. They even had a video of the item I thought I was buying, just to suck me in deeper (feel so stupid) I believe I was mislead, but since the payment has gone through, and I have the item, am I **bleep** or can I get my money back somehow? I am not happy and don’t knowniftjis can be fixed

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DrWho345

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DrWho345
Contributor
Contributor

I have not had a sufficient reply to this message at all, this did not help me

I have been emailing the website of the seller with a complaint for awhile now and still am not getting any response whatsoever

I have sent them this message

"

Hello
I purchased this item from you awhile ago and it only just showed up
This email has been forwarded to show my original order number and what I thought I was getting/buying
I have provided my confirmation of the order. I was aware of how this was described, as 1/12 Scale but the website had on it, a video and a picture of the Iron Man HulkBuster that is vastly different than what I have recently received, I believe I have been mislead. Of course the original ad for this cannot be found anywhere, my guess, conveniently deleted. This was advertised on FaceBook (which has since also been deleted) the link to the video on the website, promoting this item is included here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO7JAirf_9k As well as another link with the same description and clearly different than what I received/thought I was purchasing https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/45152 Finally one last video promoting the item I did receive and hopefully you can clearly see that this is not what I thought I had purchased :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZuYJVaAerE I would like a refund Immediately on some sort of an explanation as to how these wires got crossed, and they thought they could get away with ripping me off!!!"

I WANT A RESOLUTION IMMEDIATELY THIS IS INSANE!!!!

I have the original email order confirmation, links to YouTube Showing the product I thought I was getting, photos of what I thought I was getting and what I received, I have been mislead, this is not the product at all

Please help solve this  

P.S. I tried to include the email to the business that sold this item to me, but it is saying it is not allowed in this community. Can provide it if necessary 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DrWho345

You can either take my advice and open a dispute to try and get your money back or don't bother, your choice really.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.