Minor Ban-Can I appeal once I'm 18?

Munchceros
Contributor
Contributor

I've made the dumb decision while I was 16 to open a Paypal account to start using it for my Commission Art. I've never had someone refund me or had a bad case at one time except when a seller scammed me and I couldn't retrieve my money ever again. At that time I noticed that other minors used Paypal for their Commission Artwork and I thought it was okay as well. But now that I've opened a bank account and wanted to place the money that I've earned into it for College and Travels, I can't because my account was limited. I sent the documents and they emailed me saying that since I was a minor my account would be frozen for the time being. Now that I'm a few months shy from turning 18, I wanted to know if I could somehow unban/appeal myself by providing the documents again? I tried customer service and that didn't work, they told me about 180 day wait thing too. I also tried removing my bank account and that also failed to work. I don't want my bank account with this account anyways if I can't use it. Plus if I can't unban and such then I wanted to just move to another service and make sure that my Bank account wasn't gonna stay linked to this one for security reasons.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Munchceros 

As the account was opened underage you would never be able to use it again and it would stay limited.

However once you are OVER 18 you can contact customer services and ask if they will let you open another paypal account with a different email address etc, no guarantees they will but if they do then they may also remove the bank account from the old account for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Munchceros 

As the account was opened underage you would never be able to use it again and it would stay limited.

However once you are OVER 18 you can contact customer services and ask if they will let you open another paypal account with a different email address etc, no guarantees they will but if they do then they may also remove the bank account from the old account for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Munchceros
Contributor
Contributor
Contacting the support is an issue for me on the phone since their AI keeps repeating that my account is limited. But I can wait till I'm 18 to appeal. Hopefully before the 180 days.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.