Microsoft refund never issued help!

AliasShawn
New Community Member
Long story here. I purchased a Microsoft Surface back in February for a project I’m working on at work as well as personal use. Unfortunately the project was canceled and I decided to return my Microsoft surface. I was within the 30 day window And when I called Microsoft they never sent me the shipping labels I had to call three times and still did not get the shipping labels. I have an opened a dispute with my credit card not with paypal even though the purchase was made with paypal. Lo and behold a few days later after opened a dispute with my credit card company I receive a shipping labels in my inbox. After finally returning the surface Microsoft sent me refund receipts saying that I will get back my refunds shortly. According to PayPal it’s 30 days that you may have to wait for a refund to be processed. After 30 days I never got my refund. I contacted my credit card company and re-opened a dispute providing the refund receiptAs back up. A few days later I get a letter from my credit card company saying the transactions were valid. I called my credit card company to ask them how they came to that conclusion. They said because I was over 60 days from the date of the initial purchase they could no longer entertain a dispute. I called Microsoft and ask them why I haven’t gotten my refund and they were shocked that I haven’t gotten my refund. They said they would be looking into it and will get back to me within the week. Simultaneously I also called PayPal and they were very sorry that I have not gotten a refund and actually issued me a $50 voucher credit as well as confirming there’s a dispute that has been filed. I’ll check back next week with PayPal and the dispute has been closed with no notice given to me. What are my next steps I have not called Microsoft yet or PayPal. Should I file a small claims court with Microsoft? This is absurd it’s been over Four months with no refund and it is a sizable purchase over $2000. Any ideas on what steps to take next?
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.