Message from seller.

blueangel1
Contributor
Contributor

How can I open a message from seller in case summary? Trying to settle case with seller and says there is 1 message from seller and I cannot open it when I click on it.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Batgirl9876
Contributor
Contributor

@blueangel1 wrote:
How can I open a message from seller in case summary? Trying to settle case with seller and says there is 1 message from seller and I cannot open it when I click on it.

Hi blueangel,

I currently have this problem and was just wondering if you solved it?

Many thanks!

Login to Me Too

blueangel1
Contributor
Contributor
I never could open message from seller!! But I could finally track my parcel and received my parcel soon after.
Login to Me Too

Batgirl9876
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you!
Login to Me Too

jabasco
Contributor
Contributor

Did you manage to open the message from the seller or get your package? I ordered something in August and have been trying to get in contact with the seller (e-mail, facebook, instagram) and finally resorted to Paypal since there was an option to escalate. I never received an e-mail from Paypal saying there was a message for me and when I check the message center and my dispute there is only activity from me. Any thoughts?

Login to Me Too

peter_kealey
Contributor
Contributor

Had the same problem. Message from seller heading had (1) after it and I assumed it meant there was one message from the seller, but even though it was highlighted as a link nothing happened when I clicked on it. Some days later I received an email from PayPal saying I had a reply from the seller and there was a button to respond which took me to the Case summary in the resolution Centre. This time when I clicked on the case number I was able to see the sender's reply.

As far as I'm concerned PayPal's web site and resolution Centre is terrible. When you contact them with a problem via their site you are presented with a couple of drop down lists of topics you have to click on (which may not relate specifically to your problem). In my case the answer I received was useless as it just referred me back to FAQ without addressing my question. They seem to just look at the supplied topics you are forced to click on and don't bother reading your more detailed query. 

Login to Me Too

jabasco
Contributor
Contributor
Hey peter_kealey thanks for following up. I ended up calling Paypal because I couldn't figure out how to see the message and I hadn't received an e-mail from Paypal about the message. The person I spoke to on the phone said there wasn't any message waiting and the seller hadn't done anything via Paypal to resolve the issue. Apparently since the seller didn't take any action the dispute was escalated automatically. So now I've been given a new deadline for it to be resolved by the seller otherwise I'm supposed to receive a refund. I understand what you mean about the circling through the FAQ page though. It took me a while of clicking through to find the 'call us' button and get the verification code. Even then it was an automated recording and I had to press zero a few times to get a person. It's frustrating when the answers you're looking for aren't listed and there's no simple way to speak with someone.
Login to Me Too

ValG2
New Community Member

I totally agree with your post. I’ve been trying to open a message from seller for three days and like you, keep trying the drop down menus. It’s so frustrating, I’ve tried to phone PayPal and that’s no good either. I ended up putting the phone down.  I’m 😤 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.