May have been scammed, what should I do?

Bambino_C2187
New Community Member
So the other day I was looking to purchase a figure from a second hand company that I’ve purchased from before but since I didn’t have the funds, I waited and the item sold out. I scoured the Internet looking for the item at a reasonable price and found a website that had the item in question at close to retail. I was hesitant at first since the website has no terms of service and no policies or anything, so I check to see if this website has reviews and I see that it has an Amazon store with 89% buyers rating. I return to the website and paid through PayPal Guest since I didn’t have a Full on account at the time. I go back to the Japanese second hand company and see that the item was back in stock and decide to lock in my order from someone I already purchased from before. I email the website seller twice letting him know I wanted to cancel since I found the item at the second hand store and I got no response. I emailed him again today and I still have no response and no sign that he has shipped the figure. I think I may have gotten scammed and the transaction doesn’t show up in my account since I was a guest at the time of purchase. Should I contact PayPal? Should I contact my bank?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bambino_C2187 

Contact customer service via Twitter: @askPayPal

Request that dispute be opened for Item Not Received on your transaction and include the receipt ID number from the PayPal email receipt. Be forewarned, PayPal buyer protection does not cover buyers remorse so things may have to be worked out between you and seller. If the dispute is not successful, call your card issuer to do a chargeback.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bambino_C2187 

Contact customer service via Twitter: @askPayPal

Request that dispute be opened for Item Not Received on your transaction and include the receipt ID number from the PayPal email receipt. Be forewarned, PayPal buyer protection does not cover buyers remorse so things may have to be worked out between you and seller. If the dispute is not successful, call your card issuer to do a chargeback.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.