MarsBoard/ Aka “hoverboard-Ireland.com”

Kayley191
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a hoverboard and cart bundle on a presale on this site on December 5th, it promises 1-2 delivery and tracking number. I foolishly fell for the “presale offer of €239” down from €300, now I started to get suspicious a couple of days ago because I tried to email them as I hadn’t received a tracking number and all I got back was “do not worry your order will be shipped and you’ll receive a tracking number A.S.A.P, Also It had Chinese writing attached in small. Now I tried to email them today about it again and received no response whatsoever which sent alarm bells ringing and now i fear I was scammed and I won’t be receiving the hoverboard any time soon. Its been a full week now and I’m gonna have one disappointed little brother on Christmas morning. I just don’t know what to do. Has anyone else had the same experience as me, and is there anything I can do to be helped?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kayley191 

Locate payment transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" to file an Item Not Received (INR) dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Kayley191
Contributor
Contributor
Ok I have a small problem I did pay with PayPal on the site but it’s not showing up in my recent transactions I don’t know how to fix it
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kayley191 

Was a credit card used to pay via PayPal Guest checkout (no PayPal log in)? If so, then look for the PayPal email receipt with the receipt ID and contact customer service providing that number to open a dispute.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (UK): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK

Twitter (UK): @paypalUK 

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Kayley191,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! Thanks @sharpiemarker for getting the ball rolling on this one! We appreciate all the expertise you lend our users.

@Kayley191, You may want to reach out to our Customer Support to assist further. If you checked out as a guest, you won't be able to open that dispute on your end, but our Support teams can. You can reach them by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

@sharpiemarker, Jinx!! You owe me a Coke! Ha! Thanks again for your help.

Sorry about any confusion with that simultaneous post, @Kayley191.

Have a great day everyone!!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Barron3

Hi there,

A hoverboard from this alleged Irish site was ordered on 21 September Monday after 4pm and when I saw AlienWhell on my Paypal and Marsboard email receipt I became suspicious. After a search I found all these terrible reports of unsafe and broken hoverboard delivered from China and reports of this site not legit or Irish and others never receiving one at all. I messaged Paypal yesterday 22 Sept to cancel ASAP as it was a fraudulent site not fit for purpose products delivered, actually unsafe reported repeatedly or never received or months of correspondence requesting refund.

Paypal responded this am 23 Sept

From reviewing your account, I can see your case was closed in merchants favor as they were able to provide tracking information to show that order was sent to you. We would recommend to check with your neighbors as this happened to me before or check with local postal service. 

I asked to cancel my transaction I don't want an update on tracking and I'm not pleased that it wasn't cancelled when requested.I got a tracking email with code this morning and nothing scanned at An post.  Nothing delivered to this house! 

Please advise how best to resolve my issue for request for refund cancellation. I await your help from very concerned parent.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.