Malicious Disputes

bradtraversy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have had an issue for about 2 months now and sent in 6 or 7 tickets to PayPal with no response. So Im taking a shot in the dark here...

I sell web dev courses on Udemy, I also have a popular YouTube channel with 630k subs. I mainly use Paypal to get paid by Udemy and sponsors however for the past few months I keep getting disputes of strange email addresses that send me 1 or 2 dollars and immediately file a dispute and say it was unauthorized. They are almost always from a hotmail email address. I have to keep paying a $20 chargeback for this crap. I do not sell items, I do not charge anyone that is not supposed to be charged. Someone is clearly doing this to mess with me. I do a ton of business via PayPal and I feel I deserve this to be looked into and it is really frustrating, so if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

thanks

Brad

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bradtraversy

Sadly there is no paypal seller protection for virtual / digital content, you can sell it but at your own risk.

Thats why if you get a chargeback you are not reimbursed by paypal under seller protection.

Do you have rivals that may be trying to get your account limited for numerous disputes for virtual / digital sales?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bradtraversy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response. Yes I have many competitors and just people that want to see me fail for no other reason than a little success. I do not sell any digital goods directly. I sell on Udemy and they pay me. This money comes from people just sending it to me via email.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.