Mailed a certified copy of my passport to the US paypal and have not heard anything back

sierrarose0618
Contributor
Contributor

So, I'm an american citizen that was living with a host family and working in Australia. I had a bank account, debit card, pay stubs, etc. I set up a paypal account to help me transfer money internationally, as I am often supporting my sister financially back in the states and sometimes my family sends me money for christmas and birthday because its cheaper than mailing a gift across the world. However, when I left Australia to go to Europe, my sister paid me back for a loan and my account went over $1,000 so I was flagged for submitting additional information. However, since I'm not an australian citizen and I was living with a host family, nothing was in my name except for my bank account info (which they did not accept). I barely made it through third world countries in Asia without access to all the money I had saved and was counting on. In case you were wondering paypal, I had one meal a day for two weeks...thanks for that. When I got to Italy, I paid 60 euros (of money O borrowed because once again....all my money is being withheld from me) to get a certified copy of my passport and I sent it to the due diligence department in Omaha weeks ago. I have been sending emails every day checking on the status but no one has been able to verify my documents or even confirm they arrived. In the meantime, I asked my host family back in Australia to help me out and they put the internet bill in my name and faxed a copy of it to me to send to paypal. Not only have I uploaded the proof of address to paypal online, I have sent five emails to diligence department in America and Australia with both copies of my passport/license/utility bill, and I have mailed a physical copy with my certified copy of my passport. Still, nothing. Now I'm stuck in Europe with no feasible way to get home. What else could I possibly due to lift my account limitations? Oh and as an added bonus, there are no open cases in my resolution center to reference or upload files to, and my resolve account limitation is stuck on "we'll review your documents and get back to you in 2 business days" for the last month and a half.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

N103
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same situation!!! And I am also in much need of my money. Did you get response to your emails in which they could not confirm/verify your documents? I do not get any response when I email them!!

Login to Me Too

sierrarose0618
Contributor
Contributor
The only response I get is an email saying the exact same thing “send a certified copy of your passport to...” and I’m like I ALREADY DID A MONTH AGO. Even when I call account limitations they tell me they will look into it and I never get a follow up. It’s been almost three months now.
Login to Me Too

N103
Contributor
Contributor

That is so annoying. I called today and they said it could take a month to process (from the day the document arrives to them) but they couldn't tell me whether they had received my document, so it was pretty useless. They said to call again if I wouldn't hear anything before next week (which will be a month after they should've received my document)

Login to Me Too

N103
Contributor
Contributor

Now they are saying they have not received anything! I have PROOF that is has been delivered to them!! I cannot believe this

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.