MagiCube webshop LI <removed> scam with "Radiance A3 Frontier Smartwatch"

Andresito1979
Contributor
Contributor

Does MagiCube webshop LI <removed> scammed You too with "Radiance A3 Frontier Smartwatch"? How to solve this problem without losing extra money on the return postage fees?

I ordered "Radiance A3 Frontier Smartwatch" from MagiCube webshop LI <removed> which looked exactly as "samsung gear S3" and the product I received resembles to "lemfo les1 chime". 

This is a SCAM, other ppl. were also cheated by the same person, the case it is documented here: 

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gear-s3/help/radiance-a3-frontier-smartwatch-t3818513/page27

The seller replied to my refund request the following:

"Dear Customer, We’re sincerely sorry that our product can’t make you satisfied, you can return it to us if you want to. But please pay attention: 1.Please make sure the item and packing is intact. If it can’t meet our requests, we may not refund. 2. And, we only accept DHL or UPS as deliver method. Our return address: <removed>,yongfu Street, Bao'an District, Shenzhen,DUANGDONG,518000.

- LI <removed>"

I'm quite sure, that not the seller, but PP would refund me my money, but I don't want to lose extra money on DHL or UPS, because I'm quite sure that nobody would refund me that. 

Any advice in this situation?

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

NOVOTIX
Contributor
Contributor

There are many people who has the same problem with this swindler, read hundreds of people.

I read a lot of posts that you can better contact Paypal by phone then open an official escalated buyer protection case (so you can explain your issue in person). Many of these people have the payment fully reversed from Paypal.  I've still not tried it myself, but when the respons of Li <removed> on my message is not satisfactory I will call Paypal. Beside that I will do an official report to Samsung that they use their images for fraud purposes.

Hope this will help you, good luck and let me know if you have received your refund 🙂

Login to Me Too

canelocohen
Contributor
Contributor

Li <removed> scammed me too but in my case was with a Limited supply--HD142X 3000 Lumens 3D DLP Home Theater Projector - White / 4k Ultra High Definition & Wireless Wifi. 

To my surprise, when opening the package I got a cheap plastic projector which is no 4K UHD, no 3D no wireless wifi and certainly no 3000 lumens.

I am shocked to learn that there have been MULTIPLE CASES like this from the SAME SUPPLIER, and PAYPAL is not doing anything to prevent this from happening again.

Login to Me Too

Yellowdie
New Community Member

I'm going through the same thing with this seller but for a different item.  I'm refusing to pay to ship their dollar-store plastic crap to them in China and I'll escalate to PP directly next.  😞

Login to Me Too

Angelfish27
New Community Member

I also am having the same issue but for a different product. 

I have received the exact same message from them, exactly word for word, about returning the product. I am refusing to pay for this shipment as it will cost me more than I paid for the item, and will escalate it to PayPal depending on their next response (if and when they respond).

I had ordered a rear view mirror with inbuilt dash-cam, and a rear camera, that was supposed to be 4K quality and come with a load or extra nik naks. When the item arrived, there was only the mirror and a charger in the box (although the mirror did have the inbuilt camera) but the actual mirror quality was rubbish, I could barely see my own reflection let alone a car behind me. 

Absolutely ridiculous that they are able to do this, and PayPal haven't done anything to stop them yet, even after all the messages on the community, and reports of them.

Login to Me Too

Andresito1979
Contributor
Contributor

LI <removed> did not reply to my messages in the last three days so I escalated this dispute to a claim to PP. 

Basically I rejected His demand to post the product back and asked Him to refund my money first and pay me the DHL or UPS postage fees in advance if He insist to receive back his chap trash what he sent me instead the product I ordered and paid for. 

I explained him, that what he did was not a business transaction, but a SCAM, so in this case he is not in a position to dictate the conditions

I encourage You to escalate your case to a claim ASAP so PP could do the necessary things to stop this scammer to steal more money from other innocent customers.

Login to Me Too

Andresito1979
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE: 

I escalated the dispute to a claim on the PP user interface.  It seems to me that PP brainlessly follow it's own rules without realizing that this is an organised SCAM affecting many customers. PP requested me to send back this cheap crap to LI <removed>  <removed>, Yongfu Street, Bao'an District, Shenzhen, GUANGDONG Province 518000 China. I have to pay for the return cost.   😞 

Originally Li expected me to use DHL or UPS, which costs the same amount what I paid for the smartwatch (~ 70 USD). This is nonsense.

Li wrote:

"1.Please make sure the item and packing is intact. If it can’t meet our requests, we may not refund. 

2. And, we only accept DHL or UPS as deliver method."

Luckily PP did not asked for DHL or UPS so I think any post method which offers tracking number will be fine for PP and I will be refunded for the product price. I still don't understand why I do have to lose money and time with the return post when I have evidence that many others were cheated by this scammer. 

Login to Me Too

NOVOTIX
Contributor
Contributor

I escalated the dispute to a claim too and gues what.... I have the same issue and have to pay for the return costs too! I will contact Paypal by phone again and if I still have to pay for the return shipment I will return the product and after that I will cancel all my Paypal accounts. I don't call this a buyer protection insurance when people have to lose money for returning products to a scammer. It's really ridiculous!

Login to Me Too

Andresito1979
Contributor
Contributor

I also find it ridiculous! I think PP should introduce some method which alerts their customer service when there are high rates of scam complaints for a the same seller. In this case PP should not act protecting the seller's rights, but be on the customer's side and don't request them to send back the scam product for high costs with tracked shipping methods. 

I have a good news: I just got informed from my friend that there is an option on PP called "Return Shipping Refund". 

You can use this link to opt-in:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns?activate=true

I will still lose money on the return shipping, because this option only covers 30$ of the return post and the shipping will costs me more than that in my case, but at least some of my costs will be refunded. 

Login to Me Too

Andresito1979
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE:  I just called PP customer service and they confirmed that I have to send back the product. They also informed me that if there are multiple complaints against the same seller than PP will close the account of the seller. So please escalate your dispute to a claim ASAP to stop this seller from scamming more people!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.