Made a purchase online but don’t know if website is scam

MaribelSpickler
Contributor
Contributor

I Made a purchase online at singouse.com A sewing machine but I don’t know if this website is a scam. I saw that they have so low prices for singer sewing machines models just only today like 80% low price. I made a purchase but it didn’t show me when it was going to be shipped Or when it was going to be delivered. I saw that in my bank account was not charged yet. Do you think this website is legit? Or if it is a scam and they charge me without delivering to me, How can I report this if it’s a fraud? Would you help me find out if this website is a scam so they don’t charge me? Thank you!

Login to Me Too
57 REPLIES 57

mitchy14
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the same boat, never received an email confirmation. Paypal can you help out? Is this a scam? 

Login to Me Too

lmarti28
New Community Member

Did you get resolution on sewing machine. Paypal has done NOTHING but give me the run around for 4 hrs and

no one to speak to. HELP $99 wasted. 

Login to Me Too

Scammed620
Contributor
Contributor
I also was scammed for Singer sewing machine.6/15/20. I filed dispute 6/25/20 with PayPal right away saying thought it was a scam and wanted to cancel. However, the tracked package Wasn’t progressing through mail. PayPal contacted them to investigate multiple times extending the date to get response each time. I contacted USPS to learn that the package was stuck in customs in Chicago. They Didn’t have dimensions of package or weight. It was stuck there in customs in Chicago for weeks upon weeks. 8/5/20 I got email from PayPal saying they ruled in my favor and $99.00 will be deposited in my account On the PayPal site. On 8/5/20, $99.00 was deposited into my account.!!! Renewed my trust in PayPal
Login to Me Too

Scammed620
Contributor
Contributor
also was scammed for Singer sewing machine.6/15/20. I filed dispute 6/25/20 with PayPal right away saying thought it was a scam and wanted to cancel. However, the tracked package Wasn’t progressing through mail. PayPal contacted them to investigate multiple times extending the date to get response each time. I contacted USPS to learn that the package was stuck in customs in Chicago. They Didn’t have dimensions of package or weight. It was stuck there in customs in Chicago for weeks upon weeks. 8/5/20 I got email from PayPal saying they ruled in my favor and $99.00 will be deposited in my account On the PayPal site. On 8/5/20, $99.00 was deposited into my account.!!! Renewed my trust in PayPal
Login to Me Too

Jolene_85
Contributor
Contributor
Same here and I’m getting the runaround.... I’ve emailed them and no response and today I again emailed them to get a bounce back email. I’m positive it’s a scam. 😞
Login to Me Too

mitchy14
Contributor
Contributor

I am positive as well, and PayPal has been of very little help. The customer service line was literally down yesterday, after being on hold for some time, it goes to an automated message saying, "Due to coronavirus, we are not accepting calls." Wonderful. Thanks. 

Login to Me Too

fayenita
New Community Member

IT HAPPEN THE SAME THING TO ME ONLY DIFFERENT THEY TOOK IT OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. I SEND I EMAIL TO GET A REFUND I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THEM YET. IS THIS A SCAM. 

Login to Me Too

Selkie1
Contributor
Contributor

Try using PayPal's chat service to report your complaint.  I am in the middle of doing that right now.  They are very slow and keep having breaks in communication with me, but they are responding and have said I can file a dispute.  So please try!  Maybe this will help them block that company from using Paypal (doubtful, but maybe?).

Login to Me Too

drpme
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. On April 17, 2020 I paid for a "discontinued Singer sewing machine" using my credit card through PayPal. Of course, no machine ever arrived. I filed a case with PayPal, which had a "tracking number" that showed "delivered" on May 23, 2020. My husband was at the mailbox and spoke to the postal delivery person at the exact time the package was supposedly delivered. No package was delivered. PayPal denied the claim because of the "tracking number." Likewise, the USPS, which supposedly had received the package from Beijing at the Jamaica, NY, sorting station, similarly denied my claim because of the phony tracking number. What makes this scam so insidious is that somehow the scammers have hacked into the USPS's tracking system to provide a phony racking number. The victim of the scam thus is rendered helpless because both PayPal and the USPS accept the phony tracking number as real. 

I have filed a fraud report with the U.S. Department of Commerce, and I urge other victims to do the same. Even though both PayPal and the USPS are cooperating with the phony tracking number, the U.S. Department of Commerce may have enough clout to put the scammer out of business.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.